Wednesday 16 July 2014

It's not the end...

This is more of a personal post, but sometimes we need to express things to get it off our minds and get some perspective. (Sorry if it's a bit deep and depressing haha.)
Sometimes in life, we get a little down. If you're anything like me, things build up on you and before you know it you're stressing about anything and everything. Just recently, I've been feeling a bit like this. Different things have happened that have turned me into a giant stress-ball. 
I think one of these things is the fact that I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I want to do with my life. I'm seventeen years old and I'm supposed to have a 'career plan' for my future. Looking at different universities does not help the whole stressing-out situation: where I choose to go to university is going to determine where I'm going to live for the next three years. On top of this, I have to write and submit my personal statement in around four months time. I keep changing my mind on the kind of courses I want to do - at first it was film production, then media production, then media studies, then journalism, then film studies and now I'm deciding whether or not I want to do 'music and  media management' or 'events management with film production'.
AGH.
I feel like I need to write 5,000,000 different personal statements for all the different courses!
I know I'll make my mind up at some point and everything will be fine, but right now it feels like if I can't make a decision, I'll end up doing something I hate. Which I know is not the case, but sometimes it just feels that way.

Other things have also cropped up in my life recently which I won't bore you with haha! I just wanted to say what was on my mind.
Sorry this isn't an up-beat happy blog post today, but everyone has those days where you just don't feel up-beat and happy.

I heard a quote that I really liked, and has recently become my motto-

Picture - Google Images
I think this sums up just about everything, doesn't it? I find it puts things back into perspective. I'm very grateful for the life I have and for the people who are in it. I'm scared I take this for granted too often. But even the Queen probably has her off-days, so I'm guessing a little stress is okay.

Amy x

No comments:

Post a Comment